13 March, 2007

And the campaign begins!!

My dear friend James Johnston is running in the next provincial campaign! And now begins the quest to gain support and momentum going onto the road ahead. He's not running as a Green (I know, I know, it seems as though I'm jumping from the Green Party ship already); However, he's running on a Green, sustainable platform. To those of you tsk tsk'ing me right now, I just renewed my membership with an extra 'lil something for the party to boot, so I am still on the Green Cruise going into the next national election!

But this campaign basically highlights what is right in politics - Not getting behind a candidate strictly based upon party line; supporting them, instead, based upon their policies.

James is fantastic and I am on "Team James" in Manitoba!

_______________________________________________________________

Dear friends,

If you're interested in making green politics mainstream and making Manitoba more competitive at the same time, I'm interested in soliciting your help. I am organizing a campaign to run as the Liberal candidate in Springfield constituency for the upcoming Provincial election. This election will likely happen sometime in April or May.

I am looking for a positive team of people who are as passionate about the environment as they are about building a more competitive, more optimistic Manitoba. Most seriously of all, I envision this campaign being a whole lot of fun. If you are interested in getting together for a discussion on the subject of Manitoba's future, please contact me and we'll work out a mutually acceptable meeting time.

I look forward to hearing from you,

James Johnston

electjames@gmail.com

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Kristin Millar said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Kristin Millar said...

lemme try that again...

Hey Mel,
long time no see... I thought I would give you the address of my dad's blog.. I know you and matt have seen him in church a couple times.. he talks about alot of the same things you do on your blog and I thought you might think it was interesting.. hope you are well..
http://theoldbill.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home