07 January, 2007

Some stuff

I've been unsure what my first blog update of 2007 should look like - should I do the usual "this is where I was last year, and here I am today" or a "in 2007 I'm going to"?? First off, I'm not a New Year's Resolution person - I think we should always be making changes in our lives and evaluating ourselves. No offense to people who are into the resolutions, but to me it's kind of like "Earth Day" - great to get the exposure, but shouldn't everyday be Earth Day?

Anyhoo, semantics aside I decided to bring a little notice to a great organization here in Winnipeg. RaY (Resourse Assistance for Youth) is a street level organization dedicated to helping youth and young adults on their terms. RaY was formerly known as Operation Go Home, and it has a wide mandate, assisting youth in everything from emergency care, addiction treatment, finding employment, housing and a whole range of activities. I also recommend Voices from the Margins: Experiences of Street-Involved Youth in Winnipeg.

Life on this end is tres busy. The ball is rolling for Theatre by the River, a grant deadline is approaching, I'm working on two writing projects and just started taking classes with Jeff Skinner. And I have 3.5 jobs.

Ok, I'll bite the bullet and make one resolution: by this point next year I will only have 1 - maybe 1.5 - jobs next year, aside from artistic endevours. *Big sigh of relief*

Did anyone read the Free Press article yesterday about what the CIA was able to get away with doing during the cold war? Scary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home