28 December, 2006

Into 2007!

I came across this great New Year's Resolution Chart on the Sierra Club of Canada's website. Click on the link to make some resolutions that are a bit deeper than losing 20 pounds (not that I'm saying getting healthy is a bad thing!) I had a festive 6 days of eating over the holidays, so I've hit the gym pretty hard over the past few days myself!

At the end of February I will be a part of The Vagina Monologues for V-day. I'm not sure which monologue I will be doing yet, I only found out this week that I got a part. But, either way I'm excited. Theatre in the community with a point - I love it!!

My wonderful Matthew gave me an MP3 player for Christmas, so now I'm learning the wonders of "ripping" and "syncing". I actually just deleted all of the albums that he had already put onto my player in the quest to make playlists. Ugh, I'm an idiot!

This could quite possibly be my most random post to date. I really have nothing at the moment - Christmas was its regular mix of feasting, visiting and crazy running all over the province. The highlight had to be my Marginet Christmas and my little cousin who loves to call her dad "a pimp, a hoe and a cheeshead" (courtesy of my cousin Corinna, her mother!) and the Jell-O shooters that followed.

Appologies on the crappiness of this post. Do the quiz thing and go into the new year with the audacity of hope!

2 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Rod Beilfuss said...

Dear Mel....I´ve been going nutz for the past three days here in Brazil!
I think I´ve found the perfect spot for Theatre by the River´s Iternational Tour...I have SO much to tell and to show you guys. You won´t believe how AWESOME these two places I found are. I still haven´t talked or written to them - the idea came to me after I met the artist/owner of that paradise.
I got some maps and magazines to show to ya guys too. I would love to have a meeting with Matt and you when I get back, to chat and such.
Girl...I couldn´t stop obssessing about Hamlet being performed at those places;
I got lots to say, and pics to show, but for now, please visit these websites with Matt:

http://www.brennand.com.br/index.php

(this is Francisco Brennand´s "lost paradise" museum/home/art galleries/farm...it´s everything and more)

http://www.institutoricardobrennand.org.br/index2.html

(this is Brennand´s cousin´s Art Institute. The man lives collecting 16th century weapons and art in general. I could not meet this dude, only his cousin Fransisco - SUCH a humble and nice old genius)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recife

(This is just some info about the city of Recife, aka "The Brazilian Venice" - Othello, anyone?! Ha! This is where those two amazing places are located!)

If you have any questios, lemme know. I plan on getting in touch with these two institutions asap. New Year´s celebs are as big as X-mas here, so I´m waiting for these parties to end in order to get in touch with them! In the mean time, I encourage you guys to do some google action on the name Francisco Brennand. The dude rules, and the place....the place rocks. And oozes ELSINORE! Ha!

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Rod Beilfuss said...

.....also:

I don´t think the "Oficina Brennand" website is in English as well. So please, just click on the links "A OFICINA", and most of those other links actually, and follow those little arrows in order to see some shots.

http://www.unique-southamerica-travel-experience.com/recife.html

Here´s more info about the City of Recife. Please, watch the VERY informative video on the bottom of the page. But ignore the cheesy songs and bad English, haha! The photos are amazing though. Oh, I got an apartment there too, my Step dad´s! Woooot for TBTR´s Brazilian Hostels! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home