08 December, 2006

Bits of news

Where does the U.N. go now? In one of Kofi Annan's final speeches as head of the organization he is expected to recognized the failings of the U.N. and ask "how a world that promised to uphold human rights can allow the "horror" of Darfur to continue." (CBC)

In this, the season to over-eat followed quickly with a resolution to get into the best shape ever, I wanted to post this little fact article on the whole trans fat debate. All we can do is be informed and make healthy choices. Matt got a Y membership this week! I'm so excited to have someone to go to the gym with (anyone want to join us ...?)

Finally, everything (almost) that you need to know about Stephan Dion. I'm not a Liberal, but I was enamoured with the whole chess game of the leadership convention. Congratulations to James, who was in Montreal as a Dion delegate, and who was no doubt running around like a mad turkey building support for Dion.

How do my fellow Green Party members feel about the Dion win? I am very happy to see that the environment will undoubtedly be a major election platform and have to be taken seriously by the Conservatives this time around. After the bi-election in London, it is clear that the Green Party is officially on the map. Now, it is up to us to make sure that it stays there!

2 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know much about blog. Don't know if this kind of comment is allowed in a blog. Great to read your clear opinion though.

Is that you? I must have changed that much too then. I'm a vet now.
Found you after I found your dad in a Flemish newspaper about emigrated Belgians. He must remember a reporter who interviewed him once.

Merry christmas
Hope everybody is all right.
From your far Belgian cousin, Bruno

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger MEL said...

Bruno! How are you?
Send me your contact information (mel.marginet@gmail.com)
Great to hear from you!
MEL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home