24 March, 2006

So much going on!

And the ball keeps rolling!

After not getting any substantial film/tv stuff in the past few YEARS, I've had some great luck in the past week. I just finished filming my part as one of the Paddlewheel women in Guy Maddin's My Winnipeg, and I got a call from Absurd Machine studios to audition for this crazy Sci-Fi series they're doing. I was wondering where in the crap they got my name/number from, but it turns out that one of the guys working on this semi-disaster of a film I did last summer is involved, so he dropped my name. I don't have a part or anything ... YET - but it's a great opportunity because they contacted me, which means my toe is in that door. It just goes to show that "you never know where an opportunity will come from" philosophy! I also will be doing a short for MindShackle films this summer. They're making a series of shorts for a "CryptKeeper" type compilation. I'm excited, b/c I get to play a very different character than what I've played before (even more off the Mel-dar than Desire people. Crazy!)

My goal is to keep the film/tv ball rolling, so that I can continue to develop Theatre by the River. The best advice I ever received was "invest in yourself" and that is what I'm going to do. Theatre by the River is such a great opportunity for us young guns in the theatre world to create and produce some awesome shows!

This weekend I'm going to MTYP's Typo and WJT's Via Dolorosa with my favourite theatre reviewing partner, my Matthew!! Stay tuned for our reviews!

What I'm beginning to realize is that a lot, or most, of my life revolves around theatre and film. Next year, when I'm no longer taking university courses (graduating!) I plan to get a hobby or take a class in something completely not related to performance art. Drop me a line for any suggestions! I'd actually like to get back into painting, if I can find an affordable class. Or maybe I could find another team in the Winnipeg women's league for volleyball or another sport. So many possibilities. Either that or I'll just spend copious amounts of time in the library reading up on Yoga, Buddhism, and writing all of the play ideas I've had but never finished - everything I've dabbled in but never had the opportunity to really persue fully. Don't think I'm a complete geek. Once I don't have the constant pressure of due dates, I do intend to rent more movies and regain my CSI addiction.

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
Renault lugana sport tourer roof panel bow phishing slingshot north carolina baby furniture unpainted furniture stores in nashville tn contemporary furniture Stores that sell mission furniture Depressed quitting asthma medication bmw lease

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home