18 March, 2006

Normally I don't drink coffee

Normally I don't drink coffee, it does nasty things to me. Throws off my sleep patterns, makes me a little shakey. BUT when you're bloody bleeping tired at the end of term, with summer projects piling up, and winter projects wrapping, life can become a little STRESSED.

Next week I have to actually teach the class I TA for, because Ian got asked to go teach at national for the week (National Theatre School in Montreal for the non-tespians out there), finish a paper, meet with both MAC and WAC in one day to go over project grants and, you know, work, go to school, voice class - all the other stuff that keeps me busy week to week. But, I'm also very excited for Wednesday, because I get to film the scene I'm in for Guy Maddin's My Winnipeg. So exciting! It's set on the Paddlewheele in the '40's, so I get to wear this amazing navy blue skirt-suite with a wicked hat. AND I get paid a decent amount of money, FINALLY. On the same day, Sunday, as I got to go for my costume fitting, I also auditioned for an independant film. It went pretty well, and I got a call-back right away, which is a good sign. But then the director, Sean, called me and offered me either the part I auditioned for or the lead in the next short they're filming. Sunday frickin' ruled! (Except for when I waited for the bus for over half an hour at the north end of Main. Brrrrr, it was cold that day. Damn transit.)

Gmail is screwing me. I cannot get into my gmail account from my home computer. I can get into ANY other Google page, but not Gmail. I can get into Gmail from other computers, b/c I logged in fine from the Library. I can only access my gmail account by going in throup GoogleTalk. Frickin' weird and annoying!! Bah!

So, this post is essentially about the ups and downs of my crazy wacky life, and how I try not to mess with it by ingesting too much coffee. 20 minute power naps are defanitely the way to go.

Peace out folks!

2 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Blogger Ooknabah said...

Your Gmail issue sounds like a problem with your computer... If it's still giving you problems, let me have a look at it next time I'm over.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger MEL said...

It was weird for about a week (I couldn't go to gmail.co, but I could log into GoogleTalk and go to my inbox through there.) hmmm...
But it's back to normal now! I think I had inadvertantly done something with my Norton that blocked it. Not sure how I ended up fixing it ... but I did!
Thanks man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home