26 February, 2006

The Final Paper and Innocent Eye

I'm about to dive into my final major paper of my universtiy career. Wow! I think I'm going to write about the pastoral vs. city world in Shakespeare's As You Like It and A Midsummer Night's Dream. Now I have to dive into the Journal world, which is a bit nerve racking, b/c during my educational career I haven't used journal sources that often, so I'm not too swift and don't like to waste time - I turn into a frustrated suck. Hopefully Shakespeare Quarterly will prove to be my buddy and be user friendly, as that is where most of the articles I need to read are published. Dear God let the library be my friend on Monday.

I'm about 3 hours away from hitting the batting cages with some gals from my fastball team. I fucking love softball and miss the crap out of it. Why can't it be summer all year long so that we could practice on the diamonds right now? Frickin' winter.

Ok, just got back from the batting cages and I totally bruised the nerve in my right thumb. Nasty business. But so much fun! The Bruxelles gals are going to kick major ass this year!

Saw MTC's The Innocent Eye Test last night, and I defanitely recommend it. I'm not usually one for the "big" plays at the "big" theatres, but Michael Healey's writing was very witty and well-paced, and the cast was exceptional (Gord Rand, you RULE!!) Aside from a random character showing up, like, 15 minutes from the end who served NO purpose whatsoever, and a little unresolved plot issue (I don't want to giver 'er away for those who haven't seen it, but if you have ... Plutonium? What?), it was very enjoyable. I see a LOT of theatre, and recently I've been very impressed. TPM's Confessions of Punch and Judy, PTE's Marion Bridge, and now MTC's Eye Test have all impressed me, and I've seen them all within 2 weeks. Score! I've only seen 1 tanker since O'Neill Fest, so in the law of averages, Winnipeg is producing some good stuff!

Mel's reading recomendation for the month of March: Miriam Toews' A Complicated Kindness. A local author doing exceptionally well - I couldn't put this one down. I think everyone will enjoy it, but it's especially brilliant for anyone from a small town. You know these people, you know that feeling of having to get out, but not wanting to leave, because it's not just where you're from, it's who you ... are. Defanitely complicated.

Canada ends up 3rd overall, with our highest medal count ever! Woot!

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Вконец вероятно! Мне кажется это хорошая идея. Я согласен с Вами. [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve-bani/57-stroitelstvo-bani-pod-klyuch.html]сколько стоит ремонт квартиры[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home